Summer has arrived, and with it, one of the favorite times of the year for many. We can wear our best outfits, go on vacation, walk with the family and many more activities, but we must take certain measures if we want to enjoy it one hundred percent. The sun can affect our skin and cause health problems such as dizziness, headaches or suffocation. Therefore, we bring you five tips to protect your skin on a hot day.
- Take care of your diet during a heat wave: in these times it is very important to take care of what we eat. The skin suffers more from the sun's rays when we do not eat properly, so it is important to eat a lot of protein and foods rich in calcium and potassium.
- Always use sunscreen: using sunscreen in hot weather is always important. It is essential if we want to take care of ourselves, since it keeps the skin always hydrated. We must apply sunscreen on the most vulnerable parts of our body and leave no area unprotected.
- Drink plenty of water: It is crucial to drink plenty of water on sunny days, this will keep our skin hydrated and shiny without fear of drying out and looking cracked.
- Reduce the consumption of drinks with caffeine, sugar and alcohol: the consumption of coffee, sugar and alcohol is a great enemy of heat. These drinks cause the skin to be constantly dehydrated.
- Avoid going outside in the middle of the day: it is a good habit to check the weather forecast and check at what times the summer heat will fall most strongly. We recommend staying inside in very sunny hours; If we expose ourselves directly to the sun's rays, our skin will begin to be damaged and dry. Choose your hours of sunshine very well and don’t forget to carry sunscreen with you.
The sun provides us with energy and heat, but in excess it is harmful. It is important to follow these tips if you want to always show off radiant skin.